Tuesday, July 22, 2008

 

Update (6/13/2008)

I've ordered all of the parts I think I will need for the engine install. New engine mounts, fan belt, exhaust downpipe for a '75 (non-catalytic converter equipped) B, new radiator hoses and various nuts 'n bolts. I ordered most everything from Moss directly, but the downpipe is from Victoria British (Moss doesn't carry just the downpipe). I also sourced a used fan from North Carolina (as I had left mine on the '76 engine and forgot about it!). The Moss order is supposed to arrive today, the Vicky Brit order on Tuesday.

Still not sure which clutch I will be using, but I will look at the one that's on there as I ordered a new rear crank seal.

I'm going to spend some time this week-end cleaning the transmission and starting to work on the engine mounts. The driver's side one is supposedly a real hassle to remove, since the steering column goes right through it! Here is a picture. You can see the steering shaft goes right through it -













Both mounts really need replacement -














I also want to clean up the transmission cross-member and do the mod where you drill a couple of holes in it to access the bolts that hold the transmission tailshaft in place.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]