Tuesday, July 22, 2008

 

Update - New Used Engine! (6/8/2008)

Ok, been a while since I did much of anything with the '76's engine work.... This spring, I started casting about for a solution to the engine issue - I could have simply redone the rings and bearings of the engine, but everyone I talked to said it was really false economy not to get a full rebuild - to the tune of $4,000 to $4,500..... So, that wasn't really an option, since I don't want to spend that kind of money on this car. But I did locate a good used engine from a '75 B, at the Motorcar Garage in Maple Shade, NJ. It's an hour from home, so I am going to get it this afternoon!

I need to order some parts - engine mounts, some gaskets, etc. - before I can reinstall everything. And I want to degrease the transmission, too.

I'm trading the old engine towards the new one - say good-bye!


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]