Monday, August 18, 2008

 

Back from Vacation!

Well, back home after a week on Cape Cod! I was planning on spending yesterday (Sunday) fixing the gas leak in the carb and the 'weeping' of the fuel hose on the bulkhead, but Moss Motors screwed up my order again. They sent the wrong part for the fuel hose (transposed a number for the SECOND time) and the part for the carb hadn't arrived, even though it had supposedly shipped on August 8! Bummer. So I spent some time on Sunday messing around with the shift boot retaining ring - the old bolts were stripped (the heads). I got three of them out and yanked off most of the retaining ring. Still have 1 bolt to get out, and it's a toughie.

This week, my goal is to get the car road-worthy. I need to install the carb part (which came today) and fix the hose (although that won't prevent me from getting the car started up). Also need to bleed the brakes (wanted to wait until the car ran as I'm not sure if I need vacuum from the engine). I will probably also take the time to adjust the handbrake lever as well, since the car is up in the air.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]