Tuesday, August 5, 2008

 

Light Night

Did not do too much last night. Ran into some neighbors out walking and ended up chatting for 45 minutes....

I did finish tightening up the exhaust system and managed to swing it away from the steering shaft, where it had been rubbing. Plenty of clearance now. I just put my foot up against the downpipe underneath the car and put a little pressure on it - it rotated enough to get off the shaft.

Also spent some time trying to remove the distributor. Not gonna happen. Because of the angle of the 2 bolts, I can't get a wrench on them, and even if I could, I would only be able to turn the wrench maybe 2 'clicks' at a time. So now I am thinking that I am going to have to figure out how to wire up the points distributor to the electronic ignition. I have an idea and will have to see if it works.

The plan for tonight is to get the carb installed and finish up on that side of the engine. Assuming that goes okay, I'll also start on the radiator. Going to leave the distributor for last.

Exhaust Clearance -













Topless Distributor -

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]