Friday, July 10, 2009

 

Continued No-Start...

Well, did some more chasing down and eliminating of possibilities today..... I removed the battery ground cable and cleaned off the battery box where it attaches with a wire brush, to get a nice clean ground. Then I started to do some diagnostics on the non-starting. So I checked the relay (even though it's new) by putting the brown wire on the terminal for the red/white wire, and heard the relay 'click' - so the relay is fine. Then I put the brown wire on the terminal for the brown/white wire - which should turn the starter - no starter, so that probably means it's the starter solenoid. I looked at the wiring on the actual solenoid, and it seems to be okay when I compare it to the schematic in Rick Astley's MGB Electrical Systems. So the next step will be to start testing the voltage at various points, once I figure out how to use my multimeter!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]