Tuesday, July 21, 2009

 

More Driving....

Spent about 20 minutes driving the car again last night (before massive thunderstorm!). I put some carb cleaner in the fuel, and also added a couple gallons of fresh gas from the lawnmower gas can. I figure I will do that until all of the old stuff is used up. But I want to keep adding fresh gas as the bottom portion of the gas that is in the tank is probably pretty rough..... I guess I could have drained the tank, but I hate to waste the gas... ;-)

The passenger's side front brake seems to be scraping a bit. I need to check the pads on that side. The look ok peering through the wheel, but it's hard to get light onto the brake pads and still be able to see.

Other things to be done -

1) Driver's side headlight low beam is out, so need a new headlight.
2) Tires - the newest tires are over 10 years old, so I really need to replace all of them
due to age.... Going to get the cheapest Pep Boys tires I can!
3) Ground strap - will need to put a nut onto the strap to make sure it grounds
securely (winter)
4) I think I will rebuild the carb this winter. Rebuild kits are about $60 or so,
much cheaper than having it rebuilt (like $200+). This will be a good winter
project.

I don't want to spend a ton on this car, since it's a real rust bucket underneath, but I do want it to be reliable for regular use. So, once the bad gas is through, I will go through John Twist's article on tuning the Z-S and see how far that takes me prior to the rebuild.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]