Friday, August 7, 2009

 

Still Using the Old Gas...

So I've been driving the car around and around the block for the last wee, and the gas gauge finally moved below 1/2.... Of course, I put a gallon or so of new gas in it a couple of weeks ago. But it's running pretty crappy with the idle set low (via the adjustment screw). It's idling around 900 rpm but is very lumpy and 'missy'. I will check the plugs when we get back from vacation. I also purchased a carb rebuild kit that I will put to use over the winter. I would imagine that there is a lot of gunk inside the carb from sitting for 2+ years.

It is also getting a little rougher to start, taking a few minutes of cranking, and it seems like there isn't a consistent power feed to the starter, as it bogs down a bit. But it does start eventually. Will have to diagnose that as well. Wonder if it is because I don't have a real good engine ground.

But even with it running lousy, it's nice to be driving it again!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]